10. Clean up everything in and out of sight. Shampoo carpets and polish floors. Wash or brush walls. Wash windows and clean blinds and draperies.
11. Weed clutter out of closets and cupboards.
12. Create space by storing some of the extra furniture you've found useful (bureaus, bookcases, storage chests, oversized chairs) but which makes a crowded impression. You can present your rooms as a more functional size by moving all the furniture away from the doorways and towards the outside walls. The prospective Buyer will usually discount an over crowded room as non functional and way too small?so give each room the wide open look so they can really see all the possibilities.
13. Place the remaining furniture so that traffic can flow easily from room to room.
14. Unless you're a skilled artist, scale down your personal artwork (portraits, landscapes), posters, signs, and family photos, especially in teenagers' rooms. Create a feeling of spaciousness.
15. Keep shades and draperies open, to admit as much light as possible, but screen out unappealing views.
16. Let your kitchen look warm and welcoming, not a hectic workplace. Keep your sink shining and free of dirty dishes at all times.
17. Organize cupboards and clean the refrigerator.
18. Keep countertops clear, but not empty (as if unused); adorn them with your most attractive canisters.
19. Completely degrease your oven. Let the kitchen smell fresh and fragrant (with cinnamon warming in the clean oven, if you have time).
20. Remove debris (dust, flies, moths, etc.) from all light fixtures.
21. Keep bathrooms scrubbed, tidy and equipped with fresh soap and neatly hung towels (matching, if possible).
22. Get rid of all stains and install new washers on dripping faucets.
23. Feature (with lighting or furniture arrangement) your home's best characteristics (a fireplace, a picture window, ceiling beams, a kitchen eating area, etc.)
24. If you've repainted (preferably in safe neutral tones), add bold splashes of color (with your brightest throw pillows, crockery, pictures).
25. Place plants in strategic spots in any room - the bigger the more glamorous, if space permits.
26. Light the whole house, especially dark corners and hallways.
27. Hang mirrors where they will reflect outdoor light - as well as make a room look large.
28. Try and eliminate any pet, cooking or young children's diaper odours.
29. Give the prospective Buyers privacy - take a short walk with your children and pets. Let the Buyer be at ease and let the realtors do their job. It is too common that the Seller interferes with the Realtors selling and actually hurt the selling opportunities.